Heirloom Catering & Event Design is seeking a highly organized, analytical, experienced and detail oriented person to oversee, manage and is ultimately responsible for the effectiveness and efficiency of the overall operations of the catering function. This involves managing the catering functions before, during and after an event, handling all aspects of preparation and scheduling for a successful event.
The catering coordinator is responsible to oversee employee, client and vendor relations and has responsibility for event planning/execution for clients; including understanding their needs for the events and offering additional services and products for purchase to properly accommodate those exact needs. They will be responsible for the daily operations of their catering function and must train and schedule staff to work events. The catering coordinator maintains contact with vendors, including food and other product and services vendors, i.e., linens and equipment suppliers.
The catering coordinator is responsible for budget and financial management including comparing the prices of different suppliers and making sure they are getting the best service for the money. Working with local markets, farmers and vendors for efficient ordering and facilitation of seasonal, local ingredients and sustainable, humane meats. Ensuring Heirloom’s menu standards are met while achieving the best cost. They are also responsible for the appearance/setup and functionality of the venue, food & menu setup before and during the event, and while the primary function of the catering coordinator is to coordinate, plan and manage events and expected to assist the service staff on the floor during an event if necessary. Then following up with all necessary tasks and todo’s to make sure the event is completely wrapped up.
- Administrative assistance for all components necessary to facilitate a catering event start to finish
- AZ implementation of internal activities needed to carry out catering events including but not limited to securing all vendors, rentals, setup requirements, decor, shopping etc
- Working with accounting to ensure timely deposit and payment prior to implementation tasks
- Tracking of accounts payable related to marketing associated vendor/partners and ensuring prompt payment on invoices
- Successfully carry on all day to day tasks necessary to support all office, catering and marketing operations
- Overall assistance to the direct manager in all duties and tasks required to maintain company operations
- Sales Support to assist the overall efforts of growing corporate catering & social events clientele
- Directs staff to provide scheduled Catering or Retail services in accordance with Heirloom Policies
- Recruits and trains staff in catering functions including, customer service, proper portioning, cash management/POS skills as well as safety and sanitation.
- Manages inventory, purchasing and rental supplies of paper, tabletop, linen, alcohol, uniforms, and other supplies
- Interacts daily with Executive Chef and Culinary Team to assist in production planning
- Coordinates meetings with customers to plan event and manage functions
- Communicates effectively with all team members, clients, vendors, suppliers and guests via various communications mediums, including telephone and electronic communication
- Completes all daily, weekly and/or monthly reports as required by the position and department
- Frequently & consistently updates to proposals/contracts and project management systems
- Assists with promotional and company related events
- Maintains a clean, sanitary working environment. Complies with federal, state and local health and sanitation regulations and department sanitation procedures as evidenced through local health department and third–party audits.
- Participates in departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate
- Performs other tasks that may be assigned.
- Extremely strong attention to detail, extremely organized, self starter and proactive in nature
- Strong written communication, understanding of new technologies and how they can be applied to create efficient processes.
- Creative and innovative in nature, articulate and professional with ability to work under pressure.
- Can focus and not be easily distracted, ability to manage stressful situations and implement quick solutions and can effectively and efficiently complete multiple tasks at once
- Excellent project management skills and knowledge of accounting principles and budgets
- Culinary Arts Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Hospitality Management or MUST have 3 years experience in catering food and event service management.
- Extensive working knowledge of formal and informal styles of service, food safety/sanitation.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and analytical and problem solving skills to assess operating situations and evaluate alternative courses of action.
- Judgment in researching, developing, and recommending policies and procedures to continue the growth of Heirloom Catering Sound mental and physical health as required to perform job duties.
- Access to the internet via cell phone or tablet at all times.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.The employee may occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: Reports to Founder, Vicky Theodorou
This is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, tasks, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to modify essential functions of the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
SERIOUS INQUIRES ONLY. MUST HAVE AT LEAST 1 YEAR EXPERIENCE IN CATERING, EVENT PLANNING, HOSPITALITY OR EVENT COORDINATION OR WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
To apply, send cover letter, resume, social media accounts and reference to [email protected] with “Catering Manager” in the subject line.
Design + Marketing Assistant
Love food? Want to earn extra money doing what you love? Get paid to be creative and be a part of a passionate growing team of entrepreneurs. Heirloom Catering & Event Design is seeking a highly organized, analytical, experienced and detail oriented person to assist in the marketing, branding, content creation and design of a boutique catering company based in Falls Church, VA. Part-time approx 10 hours per week. Flexible schedule, transpiration required.
*Executing design concepts, menus, tablescapes for events
*Sourcing and shopping for items needed for decor, photoshoots and events
*Taking behind the scenes photos for social media
*Writing and proofing blog posts, newsletters and content for social media
*Helping oversee social media platforms including Instagram and Pinterest
*Developing concepts for blog (ie developing recipes, conducting interviews, etc)
*Assisting Marketing Manager with editorial calendar
*Brainstorming partners, bloggers and other creative collaborators
*Attending meetings with vendors and partners
*Attending catering and community events to represent Heirloom
* Approx 10-15 hours a week
* Must have a car
* Mac proficient
* Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign) a plus
* Proven track record growing brand awareness for other small and medium businesses
* Outgoing, charismatic and social personality
* Extremely flexible, open-minded, works well under pressure
* Willingness to work events at night and on weekends
* Takes ownership for their role with the company
* Must be a natural leader
* Pro-active, self starter and self sufficient
* Great attention to detail
* Extremely organized
Send resume, cover letter, links to social media and portfolio of work. Serious candidates only. Reports to Marketing Manager.