Hello Thursday, all we can say is sip, sip, horray! Over the weekend, we had the pleasure of going apple picking at a local orchard and it was the perfect way to get ourselves in the seasonal spirit. The apples were ridiculously delicious and beautiful. Even after several days we can’t stop craving this juicy fruit. Can you say apples & Rosé?? Yum!
We introduce Mulled Rosé.
- cinnamon sticks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2+ red or lady apples (whichever you prefer)
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 bottle of Rosé wine
- splash of pomegranate juice (for a little extra flavor & color)
1.Place the sliced apples, cinnamon sticks, ground nutmeg, whole cloves and brown sugar in a large pan.
2. Put the sauce pan over medium heat (stirring occasionally) until sugar is melted
3. Next add the Rosé, splash of pomegranate juice and continue stirring
4. Let the flavors simmer for 15 minutes
5.Then, remove the pan from heat and pour the content through a strainer into a glass
6. Now it’s time to sip and serve. You can serve this cocktail immediately or place plastic wrap over the glass and put it in the fridge to keep it cool.
Our taste buds are still tingling from the richness in each sip. Our favorite ingredients besides the Rosé, of course, was the juicy flavor of the apples and the hint of cinnamon really tied the knot. Oh, and one last thing, remember, Halloween is just around the corner. It’s time to start planning! What craft cocktail will you be brewing for your guests…?!? We’ve got a couple ideas in the works….stay tuned.
Thanks for joining us this week. We hope you enjoyed our rendition on this seasonal cocktail, we sure did!